Absolute return strategy based on a three-tier approach of “pairs trading,” net long, and net short North American equity positions. This dynamic approach continuously seeks alpha regardless of the sector or market environment. Through rigorous risk management parameters including neutral currency exposure and strict liquidity constraints, the Fund targets positive long-term returns and limited volatility while providing downside protection versus a long only portfolio.
Absolute return strategy based on long-short pairs trading, net long, and net short opportunities
- Aims to preserve capital in down markets while maintaining strong upside potential
- Solid risk/reward profile as measured by Sharpe ratio
- Targets enhanced diversification through a portfolio with low correlation to traditional asset classes
- Alternative to stocks, having captured most of the market upside and almost none of the downside since inception
- Targets lower volatility than equities and downside risk protection
- Process emphasizing fundamental analysis and generating alpha through stock selection and active adjustment of net exposure
Please read the simplified prospectus before investing. The amount of risk associated with any particular investment depends largely on your own personal circumstances including your time horizon, liquidity needs, portfolio size, income, investment knowledge and attitude toward price fluctuations. Investors should consult their financial advisor before making a decision as to whether this fund is a suitable investment for them.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The rate of return or mathematical table shown is used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and is not intended to reflect future values of the mutual fund or returns on investment in the mutual fund. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns.