Through a combination of top-down and bottom-up analysis, with an emphasis on credit research, this strategy focuses on capital preservation within a risk-controlled environment. The management team uses the anticipation of economic cycles and themes combined with a strong focus on credit spread and aims to improve the risk/return profile of Canadian Universe portfolios by structuring a lower duration portfolio focused on corporate and provincial sectors in order to generate a superior yield. The flexible multi-strategy approach is designed to add value to market returns primarily through interest rate anticipation, yield curve strategies and sector and securities selection, all while applying an ethical filter in the selection of high quality bonds.
- Experienced fixed income team working together for close to 20 years with specialized credit sector responsibilities
- Flexible multi-strategy approach with an emphasis on credit research and issuer selection to reduce risk
- Reduced exposure to interest rate risk by having a lower duration than more traditional benchmarks, given the prospect of an eventual increase in interest rate
- The portfolio’s bias towards yield-generating securities represents a compelling tool in low or rising interest rate environments
- Focus on combining consistent returns and maintaining an attractive current yield within an active risk management style
Please read the simplified prospectus before investing. The amount of risk associated with any particular investment depends largely on your own personal circumstances including your time horizon, liquidity needs, portfolio size, income, investment knowledge and attitude toward price fluctuations. Investors should consult their financial advisor before making a decision as to whether this fund is a suitable investment for them.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
The rate of return or mathematical table shown is used only to illustrate the effects of the compound growth rate and is not intended to reflect future values of the mutual fund or returns on investment in the mutual fund. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns.